Jim is a passionate Customer Experience Professional with over 10 years experience designing customer experience at key moments of truth and critical touchpoints in the customer journey map. The bulk of his customer service and customer support experience comes from his time at McKesson Corporation 2000-2014 where he used VOC and VOE to implement many proactive programs, projects and initiatives designed to increase customer satisfaction, engagement and loyalty while containing/reducing costs and minimizing churn.
His CX perspective is that improving Customer Experience does not always have to be a daunting or expensive venture. Businesses can improve revenues and profitability by making a few simple changes in the way customers are greeted by frontline employees upon entering the store or by changing the style and frequency of customer communications, both written and verbal.
Sometimes, though, more drastic changes are needed to ensure a superior Customer Experience is delivered consistently. Such changes could include:
- New product features or corrections
- Re-tooling the methodologies used in Marketing, Sales, Service, or Support
- Implementing a management training program focused on the Millennial workforce to infuse passion, motivation, and energy into the frontline employees
Regardless of the scope, all businesses can improve the customer experience they deliver by:
- Shifting focus to the customer and their needs
- Listening to understand instead of listening to respond (listening to both customer and employee)
- Designing the customer/user experience in such a way that no critical touchpoints are left to chance.